This episode features amazing insights from my great friend Chris Minnich, Chris is the Vice President, Total Rewards at LendingTree. We talk about the steps necessary to create a good career framework used to help an organization have an effective Employee Career Decision Framework!
I hope you enjoy this episode and I am looking forward to your input and feedback.
Today we have a major influencer in the HR space, my good friend… Chris Minnich. Chris is a Human Resources Executive with extensive progressive leadership experience from building and leading high-performance teams to developing, implementing, and communicating HR policies and programs that drive improvements in employee engagement and performance. Chris has expertise across Human Resources with deep expertise in Market Data Analysis and Total Rewards at Lending Tree where he is the Vice President.
Let’s dive right in and learn how Chris has used data analysis to drive career decisions, and find the right people, for the right roles, at the right time.
[00:01 – 05:41] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Chris Minnich
- Chris gives some of his background on his work and collaborations
[05:42 – 11:55] Data Prep Needed for Career Paths to Work
- Chris talks about the prep work needed in career pathing
- Right people and the right structure; cleaning up the data
- Don’t change the titles, help people adapt
[11:56 – 18:23] Where to Start
- Chris shares where to start in career pathing
- The two ideas that need to be answered
- Matching skills to jobs as an end game
[18:24 – 24:21] Managing the Issue of Culture
- Chris talks about the importance of management buy in
- The strategic approach Lending Tree takes
- Creating an operating rhythm; keeping data current
[24:22 – 28:11] AI and Making Automation Work
- Chris’ views on AI and automated systems
- Correcting for bias
[28:12 – 29:52] Closing Segment
- Summary of the conversation
- Final Words
“If you kind of meet the company where it’s at and start to define and solve a smaller problem, then you can build it out to really create the whole career ladder, career lattice, career path idea.” – Chris Minnich
“[A Career Ladder] really does have two ideas: how do I grow within my function and how do I progress…?” – Chris Minnich
Connect with Chris on LinkedIn.
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company providing business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hrdatalabs)