This episode features my former boss and great friend, Steve Brink, CEO of Air-Inc. Steve and I discuss the practical issues facing companies in their adoption of workforce analytics. I hope you enjoy this episode and I am looking forward to your input and feedback.
Today’s guest, Steve Brink, believes workforce analytics is the evolution of data from information into insights that benefit an organization. Steve has always had a passion around HR technology and data. In the early days of Steve’s career, he was involved in creating the first PC-based compensation planning software tool released in 1987 called Compensation Workbench and a job evaluation software tool. Today he is the CEO and President of AIR-INC helping clients deploy talent worldwide.
Let’s dive into today’s episode and learn more from Steve about the challenges of workforce analytics and it’s higher function in a given organization.
[00:01 – 03:26] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Steve Brink
- Today’s topic
[03:27 – 20:18] What People Take for Granted When Dealing with Workforce Analytics
- Steve talks about where he sees his clients facing challenges
- Becoming a detective in analytics – finding the missing data
- Making an impact in the business
[20:19 – 30:09] Why We Have Yet to Adopt Benchmark Surveys
- Steve talks about the impact of different business strategies
- P x Q = ?
- Compensation analysis analogy
[30:10 – 31:18] Closing Segment
- Summarizing our discussion today
- Final Words
- “Data in the HR Department is, for the best word I’ve been able to find to describe it; it’s Helter-Skelter.” – Steve Brink
- “Really you have to become like a detective, and that is what’s exciting in people analytics… What can I use as a proxy? How can I investigate this?” – Steve Brink
- “We can make a difference for the company, in terms of overall being able to make a business impact to the organization.” – Steve Brink
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company provides business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW + Share this episode with like-minded people who can benefit from this content.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hrdatalabs)