This episode brings back Dino Zincarini and Ian Cook. We tackle the incredibly important topic of Artificial Intelligence in the world of People Analytics. I hope you enjoy this episode and I am looking forward to your input and feedback.
When it comes to the insurgence of AI, where do we land on this technology within the HR space? Should we trust it as a useful augmentation tool, or is it just as flawed as human error? To answer these questions we are welcoming back Dino Zincarini and Ian Cook. Ian and Dino, as you may remember, are passionate HR Technologists; While Dino works alongside me and Ian works for Viser, they are both advocates for the crucial role that people play in helping companies thrive.
Let’s dive into today’s topic as we talk about Artificial Intelligence as it applies to HR, what we should take into consideration, and what doors it may open up.
[00:01 – 01:56] Opening Segment
- Let’s reintroduce Dino and Ian
[01:57 – 10:44] What We Mean by Artificial Intelligence and Its Uses
- Ian breaks down what AI is and how it applies to people analytics
- Ian talks about the uses surrounding AI
- Our thoughts and insights on AI
[10:45 – 20:24] Things Organizations Should Take into Consideration
- Dino talks about knowing the data going into the AI system
- Understanding the ethics behind the data
- Utilizing training sets of data – thoughts on current AI systems
[20:25 – 33:21] The Possibilities Open to HR with Artificial Intelligence
- Ian talks about augmentation possibilities
- Showing opportunities
- AI as a means of figuring out where you want to get to
- The comparison and contrast to hiring a human
[33:22 – 36:13] Closing Segment
- Summary of our conversation and reiteration
- Final Words
- “What’s going to happen in my business? AI is often about prediction or automation.” – Ian Cook
- “I think the technology will narrow the decision space for us and make it better.” – Ian Cook
- “Wouldn’t it be great if you had an AI out there that could simultaneously look at… different indicators of what’s going on based on specific problems you’re trying to solve for and have it suggest to you where you should pay attention?” – Dino Zincarini
- “The AI has to be trained, it has to make mistakes, and we have to understand that calibration… in other words, is it any different from hiring a person?” – Dino Zincarini
Connect with Dino on LinkedIn.
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company provides business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW + Share this episode with like-minded people who can benefit from this content.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hrdatalabs)