This is a special episode where we talk to my brilliant friend, Chris Havrilla. She leads Human Capital Research and Sensing at Deloitte. Our conversation talks about how HR data and analytics are key to the transformation of HR’s position in the business of the future. I hope you enjoy this episode and I am looking forward to your input and feedback.
Today, you’ll get to hear from one of the Top 100 HR Tech Influencers, which recognizes individuals from HR who are impacting the state and future direction of HR technology, Chris Havrilla. Chris was my friend at ADP and was responsible for their HR Systems Operations and their global transformation. While that was a big job! Now, Chris is the leader of Human Capital Research and Sensing. She leads the HR technology and solution provider strategy, advisory, research and sensing practices for Deloitte Consulting LLP—helping to demystify the ever-changing HR Tech landscape for organizations and solution providers.
Let’s dive in and learn from the best what HR’s role is in the changing world of work.
[00:01 – 04:49] Opening Segment
- Introducing Chris Havrilla
[04:50 – 12:50] Why NOW is the Time to Talk About Change
- Chris talks about the data disruptions throughout the years leading up to now
- How we think about AI and new tech coming onto our teams
- The evolution of productivity; output vs. outcome
[12:51 – 25:03] Technologies That are Furthering Our Changes
- Chris talks about how technology is moving us from business to social
- Thinking about AI as an employee
- Benefits, challenges, and plans
[25:04 – 33:44] Where to Start
- Chris breaks down how to make these changes happen
- What, Why, When – get out of the How
- Expand your focus, Extend your influence
[33:45 – 36:41] Closing Segment
- Summary of our conversation
- Final Words
- “We’re always going to be seeking to optimize efficiencies, right? I think that’s still a dimension here in this future of work drivers, but it’s also ‘value’ and that ability to seek to expand opportunities.” – Chris Havrilla
- “… The new mantra for HR – Expand your focus, and extend your influence! That’s how this is going to get done.” – Chris Havrilla
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company providing business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE a review on your podcast streaming service or in a comment below.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hrdatalabs)