Sometimes you have conversations with people where you can tell you are on the same pathways. You will hear in this episode that Abhishek Goel and I found common ground on the need to develop the ROI for Data Science in People Analytics processes, teams and efforts. Without having good goals and measurements for People Analytics, it is typically hard to justify the cost of data science efforts to senior leadership. I hope you have as much fun listening as we did in recording this episode.
While we may have matured our science, I wonder, have we really matured our way we see the art behind it? Today we’ll dive into this (and a bit of Indian Tea making) with Abhishek Goel, the Founder, CEO, and Chief Behavior Expert of Dasque. He is an expert in applying analytical, statistical modeling, stochastic and/or forecasting methods to improve business performance.
Let’s tap into Abhishek’s expertise and learn how to get to the Return on Investment in People Analytics.
[00:01 – 06:57] Opening Segment
- Introducing Abhishek Goel
- Abhishek shares about his unique background
[06:58 – 7:57] Introduction to the Importance of ROI
[07:58 – 15:25] Practical Data Science in People Analytics
- Abhishek shares his insights about AI’s ability to reveal bias
- The goal to add value to the organization
- The art and attitude behind data science
[15:43 – 24:19] Hiring and Utilizing a Data Scientist
- Abhishek gives practical steps on how to find and hire a data scientist
- The importance of clear goals and a strong stakeholder
- The responsibility of the data leader
[24:20 – 32:30] The Pros and Cons of Data Science in People Analytics
- The pros of data science
- The challenges of data science
- How to improve and optimize to solve for ROI
[32:31 – 34:37] Closing Segment
- Summary of our conversation
- Final Words
- “We have matured our science so much, but unfortunately, we have not matured our way of thinking, we have not seen the art behind it; the dotted lines behind the science.” – Abhishek Goel
- “We cannot make a better past, what we should do is make a better future, and that is the purpose of the organization” – Abhishek Goel
- “If you follow simple, basic steps, you will get to the ROI. It’s about the framework, it’s not just about the outcome.” – Abhishek Goel
Connect with Abhishek on LinkedIn. Check out https://www.adataleader.com/to learn more about the best in deep tech.
I recommend adding generous amount of cardamom and ginger as per your liking and weather.
- In summer days avoid ginger as it becomes too strong.
- Also in summer days you can prepare the black tea concentrate and put the oat milk and black tea in a blender and enjoy Cold Chai with ice. I like 25% tea concentrate. But you can adjust based on your preference.
- Also adjust the steepness of your tea based on weather and preference. Also if you are lactose intolerant try making this receipe with Whole Food Oat Milk from Kosher section. This oat milk has the density similar to 1% milk and has not much salt. Secondly you can try Costco Oat Milk too. I have tried other oat milk or soy milk but did not like the taste.
Happy Chai Time!!
Let’s have more chai time and lots of creative ideas and fun conversation with loved one with chai !!
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company providing business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE a review on your podcast streaming service or in a comment below.