Today, Dino Zincarini and I talk to the brilliant Stacey Harris, Chief Research Officer from Sapient Insights Group. We loved listening to Stacey as the keynote speaker at the HR Technology Conference. So, when we talked to her about joining us to talk about her insights in the world of HR Tech, we were so excited. I hope you have as much fun listening as we did in recording this episode.
HR is an ecosystem of technology, and you have to treat it as such. In this episode I have Dino back in the studio along with our guest Stacey Harris. Stacey is Chief Research Officer, and a Managing Partner for Sapient Insights Group, a Research and Consulting firm focused on helping clients use data and insights. She also oversees the esteemed Annual HR Systems Survey and White Paper, now in its 23rd year. Stacey was recently listed in HR Executive Magazines Top 100 HR Tech Influencers list.
Let’s dive right in and learn more from Stacey about the state of HR tech in the world today.
[00:01 – 04:03] Opening Segment
- We introduce Stacey Harris
- Some background on Stacey
[04:04 – 13:37] The State of HR Tech in the World Today
- Stacey’s observations on today’s tech themes
- The ecosystem of HR
- Navigating the ‘shiny object syndrome’ – the importance of process and function
- No two ecosystems are alike
[13:38 – 30:13] Guiding a Company as They Embark on New Technology
- Stacey gives examples and advice on guiding organizations
- Being clear on systems and what they need to achieve
- 80% vs. 20%
[30:14 – 33:18] Closing Segment
- Summary of our conversation
- Final Words
- “HR is an ecosystem of technology, and you have to treat it as such.” – Stacey Harris
- “We often forget that the experience that the end user has doesn’t start and end on their watch, or the screen on their computer, or on their phone. It begins and ends with the data and whether or not it’s right.” – Stacey Harris
- “In the market we’re in today, 80% of the systems do about 80% of the same things… It’s that 20% that makes a difference as to whether or not that HR technology is adopted.” – Stacey Harris
Connect with Dino on LinkedIn.
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company providing business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE a review on your podcast streaming service or in a comment below.