This episode is special as my guest is my dear friend and colleague. Dino Zincarini’s background as a consultant, practitioner, and now technologist is especially important based on the topic we are covering: “Roadblocks in the way of HR using Data.”
I hope you enjoy this episode and I am looking forward to your input and feedback.
Welcome back to the HR Data Labs Podcast, your one-stop-shop for everything happening in People Analytics today. Today’s guest is Dino Zincarini, a passionate HR Technologist with over 20 years of building products and consulting with clients in HR. Got his love of HR from the University of Waterloo with degrees in Economics and Computer science. So that means he’s a geek like me!
Let’s get right into this episode and learn from Dino about the roadblocks that get in the way of HR utilizing data, and what we can do to optimize the process.
[00:01 – 03:32] Opening Segment
● Let’s get to know Dino
● Dino gives a bit of background on today’s topic
[03:33 – 06:12] Roadblocks in the way of HR Utilizing Data
● Dino talks about what got him passionate about using data correctly
● Issues with the dashboard and applying the data
[06:13 – 10:06] Why Companies Haven’t Solved the Problem, and What They Need to Do
● Dino talks about understanding people data
● It’s our job to help people learn and apply the data
[10:07 – 15:40] Where to Get Started as a Company
● Dino talks about the kind of companies that find success
● How to ensure adoption is possible
● How to partner with the business as an HR rep
[15:41 – 18:56] Judging the Quality of HR Data
● Dino talks about dealing with and embracing ambiguity
● Educating business users on the story of the data
● Pattern over precision
[18:57 – 21:08] Closing Segment
● Summary of our conversation
● Final Words
“If you want to get started on the journey, just get started with the tools you have… find a small engaged group of people that are willing to work with you.” – Dino Zincarini
“There’s a persistent adoption problem with the analytics across the organization but I think especially in the HR world; where just because they build it doesn’t mean that they will come.” – Dino Zincarini
Connect with Dino on LinkedIn.
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company providing business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW