This episode features unique insights from my brilliant friend Natalie Born. We talk about the ways Natalie has found examples of how Innovation works and how it can help Human Resources reinvent and measure it’s innovation and how innovation impacts our use of HR Data and Analytics.
I hope you enjoy this episode and I am looking forward to your input and feedback.
What lessons can people who are responsible for HR Data and Analytics learn to be more innovative? I believe we’ll have this question answered by today’s guest, Natalie Born, the Founder and Chief Distributor of Innovation Meets Leadership and VP of Innovation for Territory Global. As an accomplished executive with two approved US patents under her belt and over 15 years of experience leading product development teams, she is consistently willing to share her expertise to ensure companies are designing their products and strategy with the customer at the center of the design. She is also the host of the Innovation Meets Leadership Podcast.
Let’s jump right into Natalie’s expertise and learn what innovation can look like in the world of HR.
[00:01 – 03:55] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Natalie Born
- Natalie talks about her background
[03:56 – 11:38] Lessons Learned While in HR
- Throw out the assumptions
- Finding disruptors without causing chaos
- Embracing failure; Innovation in three phases
[11:39 – 14:52] Genesis of the Innovation Diagnostic
- Natalie talks about creating the innovation index tool
- Benefits to HR
- Innovation in a team setting
[14:53 – 25:13] How to Start Being Innovative
- Natalie gives her insights on how to get innovation started
- Encouraging and empowering critical thinking
- The core of innovation
[25:14 – 27:59] Closing Segment
- Summary of our conversation
- Understanding the role you hold
- Final Words
- “One of the things I would say if you are looking to step into an innovative space within HR, is throw out the assumptions!” – Natalie Born
- “We need to bring people to the tabel who have a slant and a bias towards action.” – Natalie Born
- “Innovation is no longer about brilliant individuals, it’s about brilliant teams.” – Natalie Born
- “It’s not about what exists today, it’s about what you will build tomorrow.” – Natalie Born
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company providing business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW