This episode features key insights from my great friend Heidi Wallman Corporate People Systems Director for Canyon Ranch. We talk about how to keep HR data up to date, what data drives business metrics, and how to Prove them WRONG!
I hope you enjoy this episode and I am looking forward to your input and feedback.
To share with us the power and importance of HR Data we have Heidi Wallman with us. Heidi is the Corporate People Systems Director at Canyon Ranch. She specializes in analysis, metrics and reports involving people data to support and continually improve operations of the People Services Department in selecting & retaining a world class workforce in supporting the mission of Canyon Ranch. Her truest passions lie at the heart of HR Analytics, and being able to provide meaningful metrics to colleagues within the company.
Without further ado, why don’t we jump right in and learn how Heidi uses and manages data to… ‘Prove them Wrong.’
[00:01 – 02:37] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Heidi Wallman
- Heidi talks about her interests in HR
[02:38 – 07:11] Managing 1,400 Employees Across 4 Properties
- Allowing employees self-service – 94% utilization
- Heidi’s tips to drive utilization
- Taking ownership of the data; Heidi’s experiences
[07:12 – 11:31] HR Metrics that Drive Business Decisions
- Heidi talks about knowing your measurements
- Getting managers involved in the decision making process
- Other metrics that have resonance
[11:32 – 14:15] How to, “Prove Them Wrong”
- Heidi talks about what she means by this phrase
- Challenging the perceptions and assumptions with data
- Dealing with push back
[14:16 – 16:48] Closing Segment
- Summary of our conversation
- Thinking of HR as an art and using the data
- Final Words
“What gets measured gets managed. If you don’t know what your measurements are you’re not going to know where you stand or how you can make and track improvements.” – Heidi Wallman
“Once we drill down into the data, and provide them with actual detailed data, we can prove them wrong.” – Heidi Wallman
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company providing business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hrdatalabs)