As the HR world is engaged at the virtual HR Technology Conference, we sit down with Paul Rubenstein, CHRO of Visier to talk about the role the CHRO plays in being the example of business acumen and using analytics as a tool like our friends in the Finance organization and the CFO. I hope you enjoy this episode and I am looking forward to your input and feedback.
People Analytics Expert, Paul Rubenstein spent his career doing three things – linking business strategy to talent strategy, helping organizations find competitive advantage through the human resources function, and creating profitable lasting relationships with clients as a consultant and outsourcer. He’s a man who is passionate about using science and data to make better talent decisions. Paul is also a ‘recovering Consultant,’ First-Time Chief People Officer with Visier, and ‘People Analytics Evangelist.’
Let’s dive into today’s topic with Paul and look at how a CHRO should be just as hands-on with People Analytics as a CFO is with Financial Analysis, and how it can positively impact a business.
[00:01 – 05:59] Opening Segment
- I introduce Paul Rubenstein
- Paul talks about his background and his work with Visier
[06:00 – 16:21] What a CHRO Does with People Analytics
- Paul talks about the CHRO helping guide decision making through analytics
- Taking on a richer understanding of how everything impacts results
- CHRO on sharing data with the business
[16:22 – 28:08] Deep Dive into How People Analytics REALLY Works Today
- Paul talks about the factors within a business that the CHRO can impact
- Tying in outcomes and exposing issues within the business – the diversity example
- How the CHRO can become the solution
[28:09 – 38:23] Why Organizations Struggle with People Analytics and What to Do
- The struggles of organizations with their people and customers
- Becoming helpless to AI
- The solutions around feedback, practical AI, and other HR tech
[38:24 – 40:48] Closing Segment
- Summary of our conversation
- Final Words
- “So many small decisions happen so far from the C-Suite… Using analytics and putting them in front of people to help guide those decisions, that’s the key… That’s what the CHRO needs to do.” – Paul Rubenstein
- “The narrower the view the narrower the strategic lever you pull, the wider the view the more options you find yourself with, and the more impact you can have.” – Paul Rubenstein
- “This data is front and center so that you understand how your single moment and your decision connects to the longer arc strategy.” – Paul Rubenstein
Connect with me:
This show is brought to you by Turetsky Consulting LLC, our company providing business consulting on Analytics, HR Processes, and Rewards with a focus on getting answers that organizations need by demystifying People Analytics.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE a review on your podcast streaming service or in a comment below.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hrdatalabs)